OPENING DATE/TIME: 10/03/19 12:00 AM (GMT -8:00)
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 10/21/19 11:59 PM (GMT -8:00)
SALARY: $86,344.54 - $109,446.48 Annually
LOCATION: Parks Renton Shop - 3005 NE 4th St, Renton
JOB TYPE: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
DEPARTMENT: DNRP - Natural Resources & Parks
JOB NUMBER: 2019-10699
Be a part of King County Parks! King County Parks' mission is to steward, enhance and acquire parks to inspire healthy communities, and with 200 parks, 28,000 acres of open space and 175 miles of regional trails, King County Parks offers close-to-home recreational experiences for everyone.
The Parks Operations Section is seeking a Project/Program Manager III to maintain and enhance data resources, systems, platforms and related communications, and work toward supporting the business needs of the Parks Operations Section. This includes managing the Lucity corrective and preventive work order management system and the King County Parks Operations SharePoint site. This position will also serve as project manager to collaborate with diverse groups of customers for accomplishing a variety of projects that revolve around data management and business workflows.
Who May Apply: The position is open to all qualified candidates.
Apply on-line at: www.kingcounty.gov/jobs.
For additional information about the work we do in Parks, we invite you to view our King County Parks video: Parks Video
Please submit: a completed online King County application including supplemental questions, resume, and letter of interest detailing your background and what you and bring to this position.
Work Location: Parks Renton Shop, 3005 NE 4th, Renton WA 98056.
Work Schedule: This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not overtime eligible. The workweek is normally Monday through Friday.
Our ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
Business Insight: Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Technical Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Effective Communicator: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the different audiences.
Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Passion for creativity and inspiring innovation.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Develop and manage specific programs independently; this includes business workflows, databases or business information systems.
- Manage program users, provide on-going training and technical support to staff. Develop training and reference materials for users and/or programs.
- Serve as the technical expert to perform complex research, analysis and improvements. Serve as expert adviser for various program areas. Serve as liaison to key partners for accomplishing program objectives.
- Develop and maintain data resources, including tailoring to user group needs. This includes creating record keeping systems, customizing views, queries and reports. Applying efficiency and accuracy when gathering and reporting information.
- Establish work flows, document business processes around products and services for facilitating operational practices. Establish and communicate change management processes where needed.
- Perform administrator or co-administrator responsibilities for database or business information systems. Coordinate system maintenance; sustain program integrity.
- Apply project management skills to assigned projects; including from development, implementation, and execution to monitoring and/or closing.
- Develop and oversee budget for a specific unit or project.
- Serve as lead for various programs. Conduct technical meetings. Coordinate review/comment processes related to project or program, develop and articulate analysis.
- May supervise or assign work to other staff; provide performance evaluation information for other staff; serve as mentors to other staff. Engage with staff and resolve issues/disputes.
- Communicate in wide variety of settings. Write reports, stories, correspondence, training materials, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of progressively responsible experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating knowledge and application of data analysis, reporting, presentation, project management, and staff leadership. The candidate will also have:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work on several projects simultaneously and complete projects within specified deadlines.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret recommend and synthesize complex organizational data to resolve issues and recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, write, and present complex reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to initiate action.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience with complex project management including developing roles, milestones, and timelines, and coordinating communication and outcomes with external and internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve and apply good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Demonstrated experience applying equity and social justice principals and principles and practices in a government or business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with diverse populations and interest groups.
- Ability to apply excellent customer service skills both orally and in writing, including the ability to provide professional and courteous service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft CRM.Experience with Lucity highly desired.
- Strong data analytics skills and knowledge of database structures.
The Most Competitive Candidates Will Have:
- Demonstrated experience in administrating systems needs around maintenance management systems, such as Lucity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and maintenance management, such as understanding business practices and resources for supporting services and goods in parks operations or other public service agency.
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end of government software systems.
- Strong team leadership experience.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact: Patty Jurgens at email@example.com or 206-477-4572.