Post

2 followers Follow
1
Avatar

Web App not loading on Windows 8.1 IE 11 when logged into Domain

We are just now testing Windows 8.1. Having an issue getting Lucity Web to load successfully in IE 11 when logged in on Domain Account. The progress circle just keeps spinning at 100% and never finishes loading. Seems like an Authentication issue but not sure what to try. It will load successfully when logged in as the local administrator to the PC but not domain accounts. Also it will load successfully in Chrome when logged in with domain account just not IE 11. We have this issue on all our Windows 8.1 devices we are testing. Has anyone else seen this issue? I have a support ticket open on this but thought I would ask it here as well. Thanks!

Stephen Pendleton Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

0
Avatar

Are you trying to log in with your "LuityWindowsAuth" URL? One thing you might check is to see if you've got the Windows Security set up properly in Client Maintenance. Make sure the domain account you're using is included in the security group you define in Client Maintenance. Just a thought! I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and IE 11 on a Surface Pro 3 and have no issues at all.

Tom Audley 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink
0
Avatar

Tom thanks for your response! I have the same issue with the "LucityWindowsAuth" URL and the normal lucity login url. I know the Domain account is setup correctly in Client Maintenance because I can open everything successfully in chrome on the same workstation and have no issues with our standard Windows 7 workstations. We have Windows 8.1 Enterprise on a PC and 8.1 Professional on a Dell Venue tablet that both have this issue. We just found an issue with how Windows 8.1Enterprise handles network drive mappings so I thought there might be other issues with Windows 8.1 that we are unaware of.

Stephen Pendleton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink
0
Avatar

Ok, yeah, sorry I overlooked the piece about Chrome working. I wish I had more help for you! I just went over to another Windows 8.1 machine that we have and indeed I'm having mixed results on IE 11 there. Occasionally it'll hang at 100%, but when I hit F5 it'll go ahead and open just fine. At other times it gives me a popup for my domain credentials (when trying to log in with WindowsAuth).

And yes, we've definitely had issues with mapped drives during the installation process with 8.1.

Please keep posted here any kind of resolution that comes from your support ticket, if you would please!

Tom Audley 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink
1
Avatar

Finally found the solution to this issue after doing some searching online. Stumpled upon this microsoft kb article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2939344
Once I enabled the Enhanced Protected Mode in IE11, I was able to get the Web Application to load successfully both using the Windows Authentication url and the Lucity login url on our Windows 8.1 devices. Tom, hope this works for you as well and thanks again for responding. It's great we can help each other with this forum as well as support.

Stephen Pendleton 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink