Yay, you bought a shiny new Lucity product! Use the following steps to set it up:
Figure out if you need a new database.
- All Lucity products require a database, however, depending on what you purchased and what you already own you might not need a new one.
- You will usually be told which database your product uses when you receive the new license file.
Example: If you already own Equipment and you purchased Facilities you do not need a new database because they both use the GBAEquip database. However if you purchased Storm you would need the GBAStorm database.
- If you don't need a new database skip to step 4.
- Access - place this with the rest of your Lucity Databases
- SQL Server - restore this backup into the SQL Server instance that contains your other Lucity databases
- Oracle - Call Lucity Support
- (Start > All Programs > Lucity > Admin Tools > Client Maintenance)
- On the Login screen make sure to point to the new LicenseCodes.xml
- If you installed a new database a new tab will appear in Client Maintenance
- Click on the tab and fill in the Database Name, Instance Name, and General Login Information. (if needed)
- Click Next
- Click Update
- Click Finish
- If you did not have to add another database you are done! If you did add another database continue to step 6.